Sweet Onion Pork Chops~ Made in the Slow Cooker~ Wholesome Sweeteners Review Day 1

I was given the opportunity to review several products from Wholesome Sweeteners. For this review they sent me several pounds of their sugar for free.  I wanted to do a thorough review of their Fair Trade Certified sugars, so I chose to do a daily review. Each day this week will feature one or more of these SWEET products. I'm cooking, baking, and mixing in the sweetness, and you will get to see all the results! I hope you enjoy my review, and feel free to try out the recipes. 

Day 1 features Organic Light Brown Sugar
I'm not really sure why, but as of late I've been craving onions. Some of you might cringe, others might be with me. This Sweet Onion Pork Chop meal came from my cravings and my imagination. I hope your family will enjoy it as much as we did. This recipe features a really great product, I've been trying out from Wholesome Sweeteners. I used the Organic Light Brown Sugar to make this easy Crock Pot meal.

Here is what you will need: 
  • 4 Pork Chops, I used boneless chops.
  • Potatoes 5 or 6 depending on size
  •  2 Onions sliced
  • Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Light Brown Sugar
  • Onion soup mix
  • 2 Tsp Spicy Mustard
  • Worcestershire sauce 
  • 3-4 cups water
Prep time: 5-10 minutes~ Cook time 4-6 hours depending on your Cooker. Mine took about 4 hours on high. 


I left the skins on my potatoes and simply washed them and sliced them. Then I sliced the onions.
Layer your pork chops on the bottom of your slow cooker/ crock pot, then add the potatoes and onions on top. I added the water to the onion soup mix, but I strained it before pouring over the layers in my cooker. (This recipe is easily adjusted for larger families, just make sure your liquid covers your veggies.)
Then I splashed on some Worcestershire sauce (about 3 Tsp or more to taste).
Add Mustard, and 1/4 cup of Light Brown Sugar. As this cooks down, all the flavors will soak into your pork chops and veggies. Our house smelled amazing!~ Dish out and Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Oh I need to try this!!!!
    Thank you for sharing it! Sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't made anything in my crock pot for a long time. This sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete

Love This? Share It!